We are able to offer outdoor learning opportunities for pupils age 5+ with a variety of learning outcomes. We believe that introduction to the outdoors and adventurous activities early in childhood is vital to the development of confidence, risk awareness and the ability to approach new challenges positively.
Taste of Adventure
Often the first opportunity for your students to experience adventurous activities, we will ensure that whilst having fun that they understand the importance of identifying risk, safety and how to work together to achieve a goal.
- Aerial Adventure - Low Ropes, Climbing and High ropes
- Target Shooting (7+) - Archery and Air Rifles
Woodland Adventure / Forest School Activities
Explore the woodland habitat under the guidance of our instructors - we can tie these activities into the National Curriculum to support your classroom based learning for Life Processes and Living Things and Materials and Their Properties.
- Woodland Nature Trail
- Exploring Flora and Fauna
- Exploring Animal Habitats -Woodland and Riverside
- Looking after our outdoor spaces - leave no trace.
- Bush craft Skills - Shelter making and Fire making
In years 5 and 6, students, parents and staff begin preparing for the transition to Secondary School. Day trips and Residential Experiences that utilise outdoor adventurous activities are an ideal way to cement this preparation and start 10-11 year olds on the path to adult life. Our wide range of activities will:
- Encourage integration with students outside of usual friendship groups
- Promote Independence
- Develop confidence and team working skills
- Provide and opportunity to face and overcome fears and new challenges
- Give the ability to adapt to new surroundings
- Allow students to realise their full potential
- Give teachers the opportunity to realise possible issues/challenges with individual students that may not already have been identified.