UCAS Preparation: What will you take from the course?
What do you do if everyone has straight A's?Come on a Treejumpers skills camp and develop the skills and experiences that will enable you to stand out from the crowd. A key part of the personal statement is your ability to demonstrate and talk about skills and qualifications, hobbies and interests that help define you as an individual.
A Treejumpers UCAS camp ticks all of these boxes, enabling young people to achieve qualifications, demonstrate a commitment to helping others through volunteering and talk fully about developmental experiences as well as develop new interests and hobbies.
In particular you will:
- Develop your personal statement through qualifications and unique experiences.
- Gain qualifications that enable you to lead groups and make decisions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to learning and personal development.
- Demonstrate and be able to talk about experiences of team-work, leadership, communication and reflection.
- Complete a Sports Leaders UK award in Community Sports Leadership to further demonstrate leadership and communication skills. Level 1 requires 30 hours guided learning and 10 hours voluntary community work and Level 2 requires 35 guided learning hours and 10 hours volunteering. We can facilitate the volunteering commitment within our other holiday camps.
- Attend Personal Statement writing workshops and interview skills workshops.
Above all the camps will be fun, with a chance to meet new people and share new experiences.
During each of the activities our instructors will facilitate reflection and feedback sessions ensuring each participant can see how the skills and experiences they are developing are directly transferable onto UCAS personal statements and into University interview situations.
Course dates and cost:
Dates: 2nd - 5th April 2013.
Cost: £300 per person. This includes all activities, Sports Leader Certification, all food and tented accommodation.
Maximum numbers: In order to ensure learning outcomes are secured and the courses have maximum impact we have limited the number of participants to 40. This enables us to run 4 groups of 10 participants.
More information: Either go to www.treejumpers.com or phone 01622 870822